Covid-19 Virus Update
We’re Going Green!
After 103 days Governor Wolf has announced that Montgomery County will go to the “Green Phase” Friday June 26th. In order to prevent a mad rush of calls, your stylist will be calling you this week to schedule your appointment. If you have not heard from your stylist please call the salon Wednesday June 24th after 3pm. Our occupancy will be at 50% which means that we will have limited stylists working during a 6 hour shift. While we understand that you have a favorite day or time to come in, we ask that you are patient until more restrictions are lifted. We will start with a soft opening to get used to the new routines. We will then expand our hours and stylists schedules. We will need your help to make your time at the salon efficient, safe and enjoyable.
The Pa State Board of Cosmetology, have given us specific guidelines that we must follow in accordance to the Pa Dept. of Health as well as the CDC Guidelines. As licensed professionals, our rules and regulations require sanitation and disinfecting. However we have developed a plan that will require our service providers a few more minutes of time to take extra precautions. We ask that you remain in your car until we have completed sanitation and disinfecting our tools and work area.
We have spread out all styling chairs to maintain 6 foot distancing. We have Partitions for the shampoo bowls and for the front desk. There will be a hand sanitizing station as soon as you walk into the salon.
These are Glam Hair Studio’s Guidelines:
- For your protection we will require you to wear and bring your own mask. Be aware that your mask may get color on it. We have a few solutions that will help keep that to a minimum.
- To help save time, your service provider may reach out to you for a zoom or FaceTime consultation. For those who do not have means of video chat, we will schedule extra time for your in house consultation.
- We can not accept tips on credit cards. If you choose to leave a cash tip for your stylist, please place it in a envelope or plastic bag beforehand. Or you may use Venmo.
- Per PA Guidelines we will be asking you to sign to a waiver when you arrive.
- We will have extended hours as well as being open 5 days a week. Each stylist will contact you for details with their workable schedule. Be mindful we can only have 3-4 stylists per shift and will only be able to take 1 client at a time. Evening hours will book up fast.
- Please bring your own magazines, water or a book. For your safety these items have been removed from the salon.
- As you know, working in a mask is uncomfortable and hot. To protect and keep you and your stylist from overheating we have to temporarily suspend blowdries. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- There will be a Safety Fee of $1 added for all guests. This allows for the added disinfectant and personal protection materials required by the CDC and Pa Dept. of Health.
- Glam Hair Studio will be a Politics and Covid-19 Free Zone. This is everyone’s time to run away from the stress and anxiety over the last few weeks.
- Appointments will be honored with a strict confirmation. Our team needs to know that you are 100% committed to your appointment time.
When you arrive Do Not come into the Salon. Please call the salon (215)643-5206 to let us know that you are here. We will let you know when to come in.
We will resend another email as soon as we know what PA is doing for our reopening. We can’t wait to see everyone and get back on track.
The team of Glam Hair Studio
Denni, Jeffrey, Linda, Erika, Angela, Lea, Carol, Ana, Amber, Katie, Sandy, Jaiden, Taylor and Gabriella